Pleasant Hill Police Department
Work cooperatively with residents within the framework of the constitution to keep people safe, protect their property, solve problems, and improve quality of life for all. Our services will be delivered professionally and with integrity, reflecting upon the values of our city.
The core values of the Pleasant Hill Police Department are:
- Honor – Living by the values of respect, duty, loyalty, and personal courage.
- Integrity – Use common sense and do what is right, both legally and morally.
- Service – Experience and expertise head and shoulders above the rest.
- Community – Resident’s protection is our top priority.
- Employees – Team environment where employees are valued and their ideas and opinions are encouraged.
- Standards – Do all to attain distinction in our endeavors.
- Readiness – Be prepared to handle whatever we face.
About the Pleasant Hill Police Department
The Pleasant Hill Police Department proudly serves a community of nearly 8,700 residents and provides 24-hour patrol response to criminal activity and is active in all aspects of law enforcement including internet crimes and traffic enforcement. The City resides at the intersection of US Highway 65 bypass and Iowa Highway 163, while Interstate 80 and Interstate 35 offer east access to the rest of the metro. Our police department is comprised of one chief, one captain, two school resource officers, one detective, three patrol sergeants, nine officers and two civilian staff who are well-trained and experienced in protecting citizens and property, preventing crime, enforcing laws, and maintaining order.
For emergencies and urgent situations, call 911.
24-hour non-emergencies, call 515-286-3333.
Police administration is available Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4 pm, call 515-265-1444.