February 22, 2024
Pleasant Hill Public Library
5151 Maple Dr
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
Special Census Hiring Event
Thursday, February 22, 2024
We Need YOU: Apply for a U.S. Census Bureau Job!
We need residents to become U.S. Census Bureau workers and help Pleasant Hill with this year's Special Census.
You're invited to an information session at the Pleasant Hill Public Library, 5151 Maple Drive, to learn more.
WHEN: Thursday, February 22 at 10 a.m.
* how to apply for a Census Bureau job - and apply same day!
* how to create a resume
* and get answers to your questions
Earn extra income and flexible hours when you join the Census Bureau and help with the City of Pleasant Hill's special census this year!
All are welcome to apply, including:
- College students
- People looking for temporary employment
- People looking for a second job
- People available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, or weekends
Who can get hired?
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be registered with the Selective Service (or with a qualifying exemption)
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Pass a Census Bureau-performed background check and a review of criminal records, including finger printing
Apply now at: https://www.census.gov/about/census-careers/jobs/regional-community/community.html
The U.S. Census Bureau will conduct a special census in Pleasant Hill in the summer of 2024 to get an updated population count. This new count may help us qualify for state revenues we need to help keep our local and property taxes reasonable and provide essential services we depend on every day.
How will the Special Census work?
Now through March 2024: The U.S. Census Bureau will hire field representatives. Those representatives will help collect data. They will visit Pleasant Hill homes and interview residents for the survey. Learn more and apply at: usajobs.gov/job/752213900
Starting July 2 - early August, Field workers visit residents who did not fill out the census online. Field reps will go door-to-door daily from 9 a.m.-9 p.m., including weekends.